I was lucky enough to receive a Silhouette electronic cutting printer for my birthday last year, but I set it up one time at camp, it wasn’t working and I just about gave up on it. UNTIL…Cara got a Cricut, learned how to use these amazing little machines, and gave me a lesson (camp friends are the best!). Now, I can’t get enough and I’ve been crafting up a storm!
Check out just some of the things I’ve created this week above!
1. Mini giftboxes with cupcake or bow toppers
2. Birthday cards and envelopes
3. Note cards
4. Paper shapes (I can’t wait to do this elephant bigger and frame it for a kid’s room!)
Wouldn’t it be more exciting to write home this summer on super fun stationery? Would you enjoy learning how to make your own creations at camp? Below are some more crafties I did in the past two weeks…(I’ve also made Chanukah cards, baby cards, and more…but I need to keep it under wraps until I have the chance to give them away!). 1. A pop up birthday card for Grandma Esther
2. The envelope for Simone’s 1st Birthday Party
3. A campy note card
6. A stereo card for Dave (he was getting a card every day when I first started using the machine, especially since he’s the one who got it for me!)
7. The thank you card I sent to Muhlenberg College after my hiring trip there
8. A note to my good friend, Julie, in San Fran
Now you can see how personal you can make each card! I’m so glad I gave the Silhouette a second chance after letting it collect dust in the box for 6 months. I’m enjoying learning new tricks, and creating special cards…the best part is giving them away to the people you care about!