This super quick craft project occurred to me one night – I wanted to make a bulletin board that I could put in my closet and hang necklaces from. The problem was that it was late at night, and there wasn’t a bulletin board in the house. I decided to try and make it out of cardboard wrapped with fabric – so I gathered my supplies, and 20 minutes later, the new bulletin board was hanging up! (Sorry for the grainy photos, they were taken on my iPad!)
- Two large cardboard boxes – a single layer won’t be thick enough.
- A durable fabric – you don’t want it to be delicate because you’ll start to see pinholes.
- An old frame – mine is from Ikea, and I painted the raw wood silver. You do not need the plastic/glass.
- Scissors/Box Cutter – ASK YOU PARENTS to help cut the cardboard!
- Mod Podge – you can use any kind of glue you want, but I have a tub of Mod Podge, so I use it for everything!
- Paint Brush – use a junky one because it will get covered with glue.
- Push pins – these are the “hooks” you can hang jewelry from.
After I had cut the cardboard to the right size for my frame, I used the paint brush to spread the glue around. I pressed the fabric into the glue to create a good bond, and then I wrapped both layers of the cardboard. The back side is shown above, you do not need to wrap the full back in fabric because no one will see it. I set the whole thing aside to dry for a 5 minutes.
When it was dry, I put the fabric wrapped cardboard back in the frame. I used the backing on the frame to hang it, but you do not need the glass/plastic that came with the frame…but be sure to save it for another craft project!…and here’s the final product! Simple and easy! Can’t you imagine doing this project with a Camp Canadensis t-shirt and hanging your favorite camp photos on it?? I might have to try that next!